Hello guys, welcome to the very first post of Simplified iOS. I am also posting about Android Application Development from some time. And thats why I wanted to do something new. So from this post I will start the series of iOS Development Tutorial using Swift. So if you want to learn iOS Development with Simplified iOS Development Tutorial, then you have came to the right place.
Doesn’t matter if you are a noob you can get started with iOS Development with this iOS Development Tutorial Series. So lets start.
iOS Development Tutorial – Pre-requisites
If you are going to start with this iOS Development Tutorial Series, you should have the following pre requisites.
- MacBook (Or you can run OS X in virtual machine as well)
Installing XCode in your MAC
First you need to install XCode in your MAC. XCode is an official IDE by Apple. And with XCode we can develop application for Apple Devices.
In this iOS Development Tutorial we will be learning app development for iPhones.
So to get started with iPhone Application Development we need a XCode. Though there are other tools as well to develop apps, but we will be using XCode as it is the official tool by apple.
Installation is very easy just follow these steps to get XCode or you can skip this step if you have it already.
- Go to App Store.
- You will see search on the right top corner, just write “xcode” and hit enter.
- The first option you can see in the above screenshot is what we need.
- And click on Install.
It is around 4GB so it will take time if you have slow internet connection. So once it is done you are ready to make apps for Apple Devices.
Getting Started with XCode
We got the tool to develop apps for iOS. Now lets see how we can start our project in XCode.
- Go to finder and open XCode.
- Here click on the second option which is “Create a new Xcode project“.
- Now you will see the template screen.
- Here I am selecting the template Single View Application. As this is just the beginning and I want to make things simple. So select Single View Application and click on next.
- Now you will see the below screen. Here we need to fill some information related to the iOS App that we are going to create.
Product Name: The name of your app it can be anything.
Organization Name: Put your organization name, I have given my own name here.
Organization Identifier: We often put a domain name here so I have given my websites domain.
Language: The language you want to develop your app in. In this iOS Development Tutorial we will be using Swift so I have selected Swift.
Devices: The device for which you are creating the application and this iOS Development Tutorial is for iPhones so I have selected iPhone.
- Now again hit Next and you will be asked to select a location for the project. You can choose any location and save your project.
Overview of XCode Interface
So our first Xcode project for iOS Application Development is ready. Before moving ahead lets understand the Xcode interface.
You can see the screen has basically 3 parts. The first on the left is the project directories. In the middle you can see the application details. And in the right some more details are there :P. But in the bottom part of the right section has some controls that we can use in our app like buttons etc.
I will not do anything in this post. 😛
Testing the App in Simulator
We haven’t done anything but still we have a Single View App 😉 . So how you will test your app. Xcode gives us Simulators where we can launch our app to test.
- Click on the blue icon on the top.
- Select iPhone 5, though you can select any device but I have selected it because I have an iPhone 5 😛 hahahah.
- Now to launch the app simply click on the play button on the top.
- Bingo! we have our first iPhone App 😉 But wait it is only a white screen. 😛 Of course we haven’t done anything. And it don’t create Hello World by default like Android Studio :P.
- We will learn about designing and coding in the next tutorial.
So, I am wrapping this part of iOS Development Tutorial here. As this was the worse App I’ve ever seen in my life (that we today created in this tutorial LOL 😛 ). But don’t worry in the next posts of this iOS Development Tutorial Series we will be learning a lot by doing some cool stuffs. Thank You 🙂
Abhishek Shrivastava says
sure sir….n m excited….finally i will learn ios too…
thankyou so much sir
Himanshu Chawla says
Keep it Up and All The Best Dear 🙂
Dhara Pithiya says
Thank You So Much Sir Your content is really help me.
Keep it Up and Thanks Again.
emulator so big, how to resize?
Tarun Umath says
can you gave on tutorial for installing OS X in virtual machine
If i don’t have iPhone or any apple device exc MacBook. Can I still make an iOS app just using my MacBook?
Francis Rodrigues says
Thanks, for the introduction!
What is the next tutorial after that?
I’m new in Swift and xCode and I’d like to learn more about it.
Sunny Kumar says
whats configaration of computer/laptop for IOS App development.